Life, As I Know It

Life, As I Know It

Monday, December 8, 2008

Enduring to the End


I was reading my cousin's blog one day when I came accross this poem which my great-grandfather had written. I didn't know he had written any poetry and I love it! I thought this one applied to my life right now--as pathetic as that is! I have been extremely stressed out with school lately. So much so that I almost felt like quitting after this semester. I love learning and the atmosphere, but all of the stressful busywork significantly deters any pleasure I feel in it. I always did well in junior high and high school, and I loved it. It gave me a sense of accomplishment and I was proud of myself. That has not been the case since I came to college. I've feet like everyone around me is doing better than I am and I hate the feeling that I know I could do better. So now that I have less than a week of classes left, I have really stepped it up a knotch. I'm working harder than the rest of the semester so that I can try to get back to how I was in high school. So that I can rest when the semester is finally over!
The same thing can be applied to our lives in a spiritual sense. We do the things we don't want to do--we do the busywork--so that we can have true rest in the end (although when applied to our lives in a spiritual sense, it's not really busywork). Our Heavenly Father knew it would be hard. He knew that we would make mistakes and get discouraged. So He provided a way for us to conquer our hardships. Through His son Jesus Christ, we can overcome our hardships and find our final rest after we do our duty. "To conquer first, ere he may rest."

2 comments:

We can do hard things! said...

Thanks for your post..so inspiring! Hang in there...you would be truly missed in the teaching world if you gave up now!!!

Jes said...

Kimber! Just thought you might like to know how much I enjoy reading your blog! Your view of the world and your commitment to your faith are truly inspiring! Hang in there, school can be a true test but you will make a great teacher when you are done!! Love ya!