Life, As I Know It

Life, As I Know It

Thursday, December 11, 2008

An Amazing World

I recently finished my Physical Science class and, when taken in conjunction with religion classes, it really makes me think about the world we live in and the laws governing it. I find it really interesting how most all of my classes--no matter how spiritual or secular they are--have correlations with the gospel of Jesus Christ. I've noticed especially in science classes and lectures I've gone to (the subject that the world sees as almost a religion of its own) coincide so well with what I've learned through the gospel. It's amazing how everything in this world works so perfectly--from the solar system to the development of a new baby. Everything has to work out perfectly for those to work out right, and yet they do. It's very hard for me to believe that life was just an accident. God created the world we live in and the laws governing it. The picture I added to this post is just a representation of this beautiful, amazing world. It was taken from my front porch and it just stands as a testament that you don't have to go far to witness the perfect world created for us. Everything testifies of the truthfulness of the gospel. I wish I could go in to all of the technicalities of various theories I've learned about because the simple truths that I've learned through the technical things are harder to see without them. I'll just say this about one of the theories that I think is better than a lot of the other ones out there--the string theory is amazing. It takes the four "laws of nature" and combines them into something so simple and yet so complicated--and that has reinforced my testimony more than many other things. While I'm not a scientist and I don't know the mechanics of how hardly anything works, I know enough to understand that God created this amazing world for us to live in and gave us a way to gain eternal--literally eternal--happiness. I'm sorry if this is really confusing to read, but it's hard for me to write too.

No comments: