Life, As I Know It

Life, As I Know It

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Pattern of Cleanliness

As I talked about in a previous blog, we have to become clean--and continue in that cleanliness in order to receive our divine inheritance. In our class this week we talked about the temple and some of the ordinances done in the temple. Having never been through the temple I haven't witnessed or received any of the ordinances which take place there, but from what I have learned about them I can see that many of them are representative of Christ's ministry to the people in his time. He baptized people, washed their feet, and pronounced them clean--along with many other things during His time. Many of the accounts describe people being made clean and/or whole through their faith in Him. The great thing about the temple, at least in my opinion, is that we can still have the same cleansing relationship with Him even though He is not currently here in a bodily form. We can still follow Him and receive the blessings He gave during His lifetime.

No comments: