Life, As I Know It

Life, As I Know It

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Enduring Life's Trials

This past week we studied the sections of the Doctrine and Covenants where Joseph is in Liberty Jail. Unfortunately I wasn't actually able to make it to either of the class periods when we talked about it, and I feel like I really needed it. However, I did read the sections and I gleaned one great comfort: No matter how hard my life is, there are those who have endured much worse. Before sitting down to write this I had been extremely stressed out from forgetting to take a test for one of my classes and not knowing if I could make it up--even partially. I came to the realization that I had forgotten it in the middle of a BYU basketball game and immediately started feeling sick and had to leave the game so I could try to deal with it. I came home crying from all the stress. But when I sat down to write this it all came into perspective. I've never had to deal with any trials that even compare to what Joseph Smith and others have had to deal with. They've been torn away from everything they value and they still lived their lives diligently. I can find comfort in my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ just as they did.

No comments: