Life, As I Know It

Life, As I Know It

Friday, November 14, 2008

Tithing

Tithing has always been something that has been emphasized in my house growing up and is still emphasized. I haven't always been the best at paying my tithing, but I do try. There was one time when I was in ninth grade and I was trying to pay for our ninth grade Lagoon Day. I had enough money to go, except for my tithing. If I paid my tithing I wouldn't have enough to go to Lagoon, and there wasn't enough time for me to make more money because we were going the next day. I finally made the decision to pay my tithing and after I had prepared the money I owed, I found five dollars in my room that I had forgotten about. I felt really blessed for paying my tithing--even though the blessing was simply having enough money to pay for the trip to Lagoon. Since then, the power of paying tithing has been manifest many times in my life. Recently I have been having money problems because of unexpected school expenses and losing my job. My last paycheck was all that I had to cover any food I needed while at school and I didn't (and still don't) know how long it will be until I find a new job. But I decided to pay my tithing and I ended up getting approved for an overdraft on my bank account whereas before, when I still had a job, I wasn't approved. A lot of my money problems have come from having to pay insufficient funds fees to the bank when a forgotten about insurance payment of $1.10 came out of my account unexpectedly and I didn't have the money to cover it. Really pathetic, I know, but such is my life at present. Now that I have the overdraft protection I will no longer have to pay the $15 dollar fine every time I go negative. I know that I could avoid that anyway simply by being a little more concious about my money, but I have proven to not be very good at that so this has relieved a little stress from my current situation. I love having lessened stress! And I know that this lessening of my stress in many times, not just what I have said here, has come from paying my tithing.

No comments: