Life, As I Know It

Life, As I Know It

Saturday, August 1, 2009

I find it really ironic that I almost change the background for my blog more often than I post on it. But, what ya gonna do? I'm not much of a writer and my life isn't all that exciting--so there's not much to write about anyway. The reason I'm actually writing something now is because of upcoming events in my family. None of which have to do with me. There are two upcoming weddings and two people going on missions. I hardly ever date so the weddings definitely aren't me and I'm still just 20 and therefore, not old enough for a mission. Shayla and Zach are the ones getting married and their fiances are, respectively, Dana and Danielle. I am sooo excited for both of them!! Zach and Danielle are getting married on September 18th and Shayla and Dana don't yet have a date. Kami and Brooke are the ones going on missions. Brooke already has her call--to the Dallas, Texas Spanish speaking mission!! and she leaves on October 7th. Kami hasn't turned in her papers yet but she is going to soon! She's just waiting on the rest of her dental work and her physical. I'm so excited for them!!!!!!!!!! I'm also a little sad because they are all going to be leaving me and I'll be stuck home with David and McKay--who I love, but sometimes I just need a girl around. Me and mom will just have to "cha-cha" without them!

In other news (this one actually has a little bit to do with me surprisingly), the two desks that I work at are splitting. I'm pretty frustrated with this development because it means that most of the people I have been working with I will no longer be able to work with. I really like my co-workers and a lot of my favorite people will be working at the LRC desk while I will be working at the Circulation desk. However, I will be able to get to know some new people! Since most of the people decided to work at the LRC desk, Circ has to hire all the new people. I like getting to know new people so it should at least be fun in that way--plus I still get to work with some of the old people too :) Speaking of the LRC, I recently discovered the existence of the LRC blog. It's called LRC: the blog and I was reading it the other day and one of the posts made me laugh uncontrollably. Cheryl, one of the people I work with, wrote it and she was talking about checking headphones out to people and how they follow you from the computer, to the drawer where the headphones are stored, and back to the computer again almost every time. She called it the headphones tango. It was really funny, although it might not be that funny to anyone who hasn't witnessed the spectacle approximately 500 times.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

um. I like your life. Also. HIring new people? Can I come work there too? And speaking of weddings, you said you wanted the green one shirt from down east? Well, I think my store got a bunch of them in. Is it this one? https://www.downeastbasics.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=483 because if it is you should drive up to Twin and come to my store when I'm working or maybe even just stay at my house and then buy the ones that you need. Beacuse guess what. I like you a lot and miss you. LOVE.

Tracy said...

Kim, I love your new background, almost as much as I love reading your blog.

I'm glad to hear that all is going well although it means making some changes. I know what you mean about jobs though, I work for the HHP Advisement Center, and they're getting rid of that college soon. Luckily I get to keep my job for another semester, but after that...

And if you go up to visit Rachel, let me know, cause I would love to carpool. I'll even help pay for gas. :)

Kimberlyjewel said...

I wish I had seen your comments earlier!! It would have been so much fun to go up with you Tracy to visit Rachel and get those shirts!! They are the ones we were looking for but we found them at a store down here when they got them in again. And I'm sorry we weren't able to get your application in before they closed it Rachel!! It would have been so fun to work with you!!