Life, As I Know It

Life, As I Know It

Monday, April 13, 2009

Family

This weekend I have had the opportunity to really contemplate about the subject of family. On Saturday, April 11th my grandpa Don Walter Kleinman passed away. It was a blessing for him that he was able to go pretty quickly and without too much pain, and it has also proven to be a blessing for my family as well. We have all drawn closer together and been kinder to each other in the few days since his death. It has also been a happy time anticipating the arrival of my extended family from Phoenix--some of whom will be here later today with the rest following tomorrow. Also, my sister Brooke flew in last night from California and will be here until Saturday! I love having our family all together like this. My family is the most important thing to me in the world--I would rather do things with them at home than go out with friends. And that is one of the main reasons that I love having the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. Through Him we can all live eternally as a family. Having been sealed together in the temple for time and all eternity, there is not much that could stop us from being together forever. It's a very comforting thought during this time of Grandpa's death. When my family went to visit my grandma and tell her the news she seemed to take it very well and I know that is a product of the comfort of knowing that they can be together forever.

1 comment:

Jes said...

Oh, Kimber! I am so sorry for your loss, but am grateful that you all have each other! Please let me know if anything is needed!